1. Still jobless despite my many attempts to find a job. I think God is telling me I’m just not supposed to have a job this summer.
2. BUT, on the bright side, I’ve entered a ton of scholarship/writing contests (And by ton I mean like 6 or 7, which is a lot for me, considering I usually just look these things up and muse about them as the deadline passes). AND, I’m a finalist for one of them?! *fingers crossed that I get it*
3. Jettin’ off to Cali in a couple days to vacation with my best guy friend for a week. No complaining, there <3
4. Then after Cali, the fam and I are heading down to NC, visiting colleges on the way. I have a good feeling about this trip, though. Not gonna relive the spring break fiasco.
5. I’m writing/drawing again. Feeling inspired is lovely.
So what’s up followers? How’re your summers so far?
Brave New World. I don’t understand why it took me so long to get through it. Then again, I don’t understand why it’s August and I’ve only finished two books. I was hoping to have at least five or six books done by now. Oh well. August will be my reading month, because it kinda has to be.
Anyway, I was expecting to like Brave New World a lot more than I did. Review of BNW and Go Ask Alice coming up.. sometime (for real, this time) in the next few days.
So how ‘bout you? :D
Read anything good this summer?
in far too many lazy days. Like today, for example.
My excuse is that it’s summer. Tell me I’m not the only one?
I’ve decided I’m going to read this summer like I used to. I used to devour books. I read a book like I would take a bite of food. Which was and still is, another one of my past times. Hey, food is good. haha.
So, to jump-start this process I’ve taken my summer reading list to a whole new level. I have a pile of books sitting on my dresser, just there - waiting to be read. I’ve picked them all up out of interest, at one point, and I think I can take the time to rekindle that interest in each of them. Here’s what I’ve got. Anything with a star is required.
1. Go Ask Alice Anonymous
2. A Great and Terrible Beauty Libba Bray
3. Nappily Ever After Trisha R. Thomas
4. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest Ken Kesey
5. When Chickenheads Come Home to Roost Joan Morgan
6. Twelfth Night Shakespeare *
7. Summer of My German Soldier Bette Greene
8. The Crucible Arthur Miller *
9. Brave New World Aldous Huxley *
10. Pride and Prejudice Jane Austen *
11. Girl Talk Julianna Baggott
12. The Heart of a Woman Maya Angelou
13. The Sun Also Rises Ernest Hemingway
14. The Souls of Black Folk W.E.B Dubois
15. Things Not Seen Andrew Clements
I love books. I’m such a nerd :P
So what’s on your summer reading list? Any recommendations? Reviews on any of the books above? Anything I shouldn’t bother reading?
more productive now than I did while I was in school. Funny how that works.
Hell yeah, summer motivation <3
William Carlos Williams.
Well said. Doesn’t it seem like your day has a soundtrack in the summer? It’s like, in the summer, God puts on a record in his big record player in the sky. And you know what that record is called? “Bliss.” Corny, sure. But you know it sounds good ;]